Ten Beautiful Years (...And a Heart FULL of Hope!)

“Reactive Attachment Disorder with Hypervigilance” -diagnosed in 1995. Things got better, MUCH better, Beautiful even! ***TEN BEAUTIFUL YEARS*** The age-appropriate-season-of-detachment reawakened RAD within our adoptees in a manner that TOTALLY blindsided us, YET...EVERY professional we encountered said this was “common” to adopted individuals. WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL US? Would we have listened? Here I share my experiences, and Strength related to parenting RAD... with my heart FULL of hope!

Friday, January 20, 2012

RAD

Ack!
Posted by Hedged in Beauty at 5:57 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Subscribe To

Posts
Atom
Posts
Comments
Atom
Comments

Popular Posts

  • Don't Let Grief Steal Your Days
    Today is a day of significance for our family... courtesy of adoption... and so today, for a little while... I'm allowing myself to g...
  • Hello Night, Have You Met Day?
    We are so totally enjoying having our loving attached and capable-of-reciprocal love adult-child visiting.  All three of us are deep...
  • RAD the gift that keeps giving
    This is our 3rd Christmas since RAD attacked.  3rd Christmas since RADs have chosen to be estranged.  RAD daughter is a local officer, em...
  • Contact info
    Anyone who would like to contact me for any reason can honestly reach me by this blog... simply comment on any post. The site is set up t...
  • "Forever Family"
    Once upon a time my husband and I dreamed of adoption... all my adoption related dreams were all so-very-happy. My husband and I wer...
  • Despite Estrangement, Parental Privileges Are Not Revoked
    Dear hubby and I have had an unexplained prayer burden for our son specifically spanning the last 4 days. Our son has not responded to co...
  • ETAAM the Transformation of Orlando
    I am so very eager for this year's transformation of Orlando!!! I cannot wait to see the amazing mommas who will return to Orlando (o...
  • 20 Years Later Social Experiement 1995
    Wow... 20 years of adoption. Update.... SHE's BAAAACK.... Our 5.5 years estranged daughter began dating a man who ALSO has a one ye...
  • RADs With Guns
    Since their conjoined RADmeltdown of 2009 which involved A MASSIVE ATTACK against my husband and myself, both our RADs have gone into gun-t...
  • Books on BPD... So Much Applies to RAD!
    I first saw "I Hate You Don't Leave Me!" in a counselor's waiting room.  I opened it mid-way and the first thing I read w...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2016 (5)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2015 (12)
    • ►  December (9)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  April (1)
  • ►  2014 (1)
    • ►  March (1)
  • ►  2013 (19)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ▼  2012 (33)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ▼  January (4)
      • RAD Damages the Cause and Effect Reasoning Part of...
      • RAD
      • My Adoptees Have a Disorder... and I Love Them
      • Still Praying
  • ►  2011 (29)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (4)

Followers

©Ten Beautiful Years (...And a Heart FULL of Hope!) Unauthorized use prohibited. Watermark theme. Powered by Blogger.