Wednesday, June 1, 2011

RADs With Guns

Since their conjoined RADmeltdown of 2009 which involved A MASSIVE ATTACK against my husband and myself, both our RADs have gone into gun-toting-professions.

YET, I Have No Peace about remaining in fear.

Kind of sounds silly doesn't it? 

In the "worldly sense"
it "make sense" for me to be afraid... very afraid.

But I have no peace about living in that fear.  


The last time I saw my "officially diagnosed RAD" was almost 2-years-ago, she was at her LOWEST emotional/mental state that I'd ever witnessed.  Ever. 

She was LASHING OUT at my husband and I and making false accusations of abuse. 
(I found out LATER that goes hand-in-hand with her Reactive Attachment Disorder diagnosis.)




Well RADgirlie went to the local community college 
and got herself a badge 
and a gun. 

RADsonny joined the Air Force.

Both RADs (the officially diagnosed and the one who in complete hindsight appears to meet many of the "inhibited" symptoms) now carry guns for money.   

Our RADson serves STATES AWAY (Thank God!)

Our RADdaughter is a gun-toting law enforcement officer in a neighboring hamlet that we drive through regularly. 

We were told by our bio-daughter that RADdaughter's "pending-employment" would depend on me being interviewed about her. 

Yeah, well... that never happened.  

She does have "connections." 
RADdaguther's new boss is her ex-boyfriend's father. 


(Interesting side note, RADdaughter's new boss, "the Chief "& wife are also adoptive parents of a little girl... who according to our RADdaughter apparently NEEDS MEDICATION!  
Our RADdaughter told us how her ex-boyfriend & mom were fighting about who stole whose anti-psychotic meds... 
We had NUMEROUS  "red-flag  " discussions with our RADdaughter before her melt-down... this was the topic of just one of them.)

My initial reaction,
realizing how hell-bent our daughter is against us, combined with having the inside peek that our RADdaughter provided us regarding the family of her ex was intense fear.

(Our daughter's form of RAD has always been "IN-YOUR-FACE."  Her "cause and effect" thinking has always appeared quite damaged... she EVENTUALLY "gets it"... eventually, or she's become really good at faking "getting it." )

But even with ALL the VERY CONCERNING contributing factors, I have absolutely NO peace what-so-ever about "dwelling" in fear.

I HAVE TO  trust God.

It's a matter of survival for me.   

All-things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose. -Romans 8:28
 

I'm eager to see how God will use this... I'm grateful NOTHING is wasted in His economy.

2 comments:

GB's Mom said...

You are not alone. In my prayers.

Hedged in Beauty said...

Thanks GB's Mom!!!! I REALLY appreciate it!