Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Plans

I AM empty-nesting with the hottest man on the planet...
...yes we've raised RAD adoptees to adulthood...

BUT

 parenting is a SMALL portion 
                         of what we've done 
and who we are.  

We ARE parents.
We will ALWAYS BE parents.
That fact cannot be taken away from us.

We can AND WILL love ALL our children, even if the Attachment Disordered ones who are currently proclaim they want nothing to do with us.

RAD can't stop the tender love our hearts have toward our children.
Oh, but it IS trying its DARNEDEST!!!!

Their rejection is their problem, their loss, we hope and pray they'd get over it...
...but REALLY, it is not our choice to make.
It is not safe for us to be in their presence... while RAD is raging.

We have faithfully poured love into our children's lives as we raised them.  They are all YOUNG adults now, BUT it is their turns to make their lives.  Who they will make of themselves, who they will become, we get to wait and see.

Meanwhile... we also get to LIVE!



The seasons 
have changed... 
 It's time for  
my honey and I
to enjoy 
each other 
again. 
It's time for us 
to DANCE
into the sunset!

It's time for us to accept AND CELEBRATE the fact that:
Our lives don't revolve around kids anymore.  

Every time I've heard the verse Jeremiah 29:11, I've just always kind of thought of it applying to youth... 


Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,”
declares the LORD,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future. "

I've encouraged MANY YOUTH with that verse insisting that God has GOOD plans for their lives.  

It recently occurred to me that promise applies to ME TOO!   
God has plans for me, to prosper me and not harm me, plans to give me a hope and a future. 
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
 
IT ALSO APPLIES TO YOU!!!!!

1 comment:

GB's Mom said...

And you deserve this future! Mine is still out 15 years or so, but I can enjoy seeing where God is taking you :)