Tuesday, July 5, 2011

RAD nightmares

Many times dreams help us process recent events.  Many times they appear they are nothing more than fluff.
Sometimes dreams are SIGNIFICANT. 

I had a significant dream two weeks ago.  It was a nightmare actually.  Key characters were the entire family portraying "new family" to our RADson.  


The dream involved the entire family messing around in OUR BACK YARD.  

Their dog had bitten, and latched onto our son.  Our son had that family's dog horizontally latched onto his upper thigh yet our son kept INSISTING he was fine, insisting it was "no big deal."

In the dream I was yelling;
"YOU'RE TRESPASSING!  
                 GET OUT OF OUR YARD!  
                        YOU DON'T BELONG HERE!                            
                                 I'M CALLING THE POLICE!  
                                               GET OUT!"  
I awakened... teeth clenched... fight or flight mode...ringing in my mind fresh from my nightmare was:
"YOU'RE TRESPASSING!!!!!"

The first conscious thought I had after realizing it was just a dream was; 
"Forgive us our trespasses, 
as we forgive those who trespass against us!"

Throughout our ordeal, one consistent link to peace is being obedient to God's call to forgive... (it is often the VERY LAST THING I WANT TO DO!!!!)  
I am blessed beyond words as we pray for those who persecute us... to make the decision to forgive even when feelings of unforgiveness rear their ugly head.  Peace begins to flow... 
I studied la-maze when pregnant 25 years ago.
So many years later I find it helpful for so much more than child birth... 
YET, all the zen breathing in the world,
does not restore peace to me
anywhere near the way
the CONSCIOUS
DECISION
TO EXTEND FORGIVENESS
does.

It turns out my RADnightmare was a tad prophetic... 
Yes that family HAS BEEN trespassing, for almost 2 years now!  But additionally, I found out a few days after my bad dream the RADtypicallyTriangulated Rescuers are branching out with new boldness proclaiming our ADULT son as their own in a more public forum.  
They are SO VERY PROUD of the rebellion they have been growing.  
They delight in "playing Savior."

I'm praying "Father, convict them (not condemn them!) so they will stop their harmful behavior... and most importantly... forgive them for they obviously know not what they do!"

No comments: