Thursday, March 29, 2012

Parenting RAD From a Distance

 Love, laughter and fun abounds in my life, and I am so very grateful. 

I always feel like "this is not the place to share that kind of stuff... I'm here to talk about my experience and hope in parenting RAD adoptees." 

Please don't misunderstand...
As a parent with estranged RAD adult adoptees I DO have my share of heartache.  

HOWEVER... I also have tremendous joy!!!

For some reason, as an empty nester, married to the love of my life, having raised  a healthy-capable-of-reciprocating-parental-love-biologically-originated-from-us-adult-child who brings us joy on so many levels, my blogging life for almost three years has pretty much denied her existence. 

My blog reading and blog writing (much of my cyber-life as a matter of fact... since RADs attacked) has primarily revolved around trying to understand our adult RADs who, after appearing healthy for so many years, together experienced such major regressions in the process of embarking into their adult lives and have not yet become healthy enough to enjoy our company. 

I hurt for our adoptees.                               

I hurt from our adoptees.

But the reality is love and joy abound daily in my life on so many  other levels. 

The reality is love also abounds from my husband, our oldest daughter, and myself to our adult adoptees... they are not healthy enough to receive it.  

Yet.


I've longed and needed a place where I can share the fullness of my joys without restraint.  I don't want to feel badly for reveling in the love, enjoyment and successes I DO enjoy from day-to-day. 

I've created that space where I can let the Beauty that surrounds my life abound without restraint.

You're welcome to join me any time you'd like!

http://hedgedinbeauty.blogspot.com/

I'll still post here from time to time... (as I intended to post what worked for us, what didn't etc... and updates if/when they come regarding our estranged adoptees.)  ... as a matter of fact... got one brewing. 

Meanwhile... if you stumble here... pray for us... pray for our family. 
Hubby and I pray regularly for those in the trenches of parenting Reactive Attachment Disordered adoptees and the children who have experienced early traumas not one of us would care to imagine. 

No comments: