Sunday, September 9, 2012

Thank God for Bedbugs

Bedbugs.

Thank God!

They were the final inspiration that brought a friend's RAD son home from the very dangerous situation he had been living in. 

I had seen his mother's comment that Thank God her son who had been estranged for over a year had returned. 

I privately messaged her letting her know I was happy for her... but angry and doing my best to deal with my anger before the sun went down. 

Years ago our families attended the same little church. 

When her adopted son was very small, she and her family moved thousands of miles away.  Facebook helped us keep in touch. 

Many of the "good christians" who were our former pewmates who continue to be SO VERY HORRIBLE to our family during  and since our RAD's meltdown... were all "liking" and "commenting" about how wonderful it was my friend's son had returned home. 

It turned my stomach... and I was angry!

My gracious friend called me from THOUSANDS of miles away... and talked with me, and encouraged me. 

Together we prayed.  Together we were grateful for "whatever it takes" that would turn our kids hearts home toward the parents who love them. 

Together we thanked God for bedbugs, because bedbugs are what brought her son back home.

Naturally there is still a long way to go... but meanwhile together... we remain grateful... for bedbugs.

1 comment:

Hedged in Beauty said...

I think it's important to note Dear Hubby and I don't sit pining away at home for our legally-adult "little ones" to return to LIVE at our home.

No.

We are eager to have their hearts turned lovingly towards us.

We know what a successful-mature-parent-child relationship is.

Our hearts continue to rejoice as our oldest soars in her personal/professional adult-life.

Physically she is out on her own in the world, successfully making her way...

Regardless of her successes, she loves her Mom and Dad.

I believe our other two love us too. Their illness has created for them a downward spiraling vortex that literally sucks.

It will take much strength for them to climb up out of the lies they have built their entire "adult network" upon. Lies and pity and gullible rescuers that portray their "new parents."

So very much has to crash and collapse and burn for them to heal. They've got to have the fortitude to correct the lies, inform the "support people" who have been lavishing money and gifts making it so very profitable for our RADs to portray themselves as such pathetic caricatures of their real selves.

It will take formidable strength for them to climb out of the vortex, I'm praying they'll find that strength. I'm praying God will provide "new support" of people who see through the RADlies and RADmanipulations... who will strongly and boldly stand for truth in their lives... giving our adoptees the strong footing required to climb out of the mess they've created.

I'm also praying for "whatever it takes" for our Prodigals... whatever it takes Lord.