Monday, July 15, 2013

The Heat

Hubby and I enjoyed a date night dinner and a movie.  I love to laugh and enjoy a good comedy.

We went to The Heat featuring Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock.  We laughed. A lot.

I hesitantly recommend it because it is a BIG time potty mouth film.  Definitely not for the kids.  If cuss words offend you, don't go.

Potty mouth doesn't offend me, I choose not to use it, but I'm not usually offended by people who feel they need to express themselves using it. (Explained in more detail here)

I don't want to spoil movie for anyone interested to see it so if you're planning to go and don't want a sneak peek at the story line now's your time to go and read a different great blog post... Info below is not a major spoiler... read on if you dare.  ha ha
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Turns out part of the theme of the movie is how Miss Perfect Officer on the outside (can't maintain a single personal relationship anywhere) is so messed up because of all the bouncing around she did as a kid in the foster system.

The very real references that being bounced around from house to house to house to house has on a kid... who grows into an adult IS very real... and not funny to anyone who experiences the veritable pain. 

I figure this is a film our very own estranged Officer RAD may eventually see.  I'm hoping if she does, the humor of this film will reinforce to her that it is NORMAL for kids who have grown up having so many "families" after birth family to grow up to have difficulty in their adult relationships.

Everywhere I go... I continue to look for, hope for, pray for opportunities for our RAD affected adoptees to be pointed towards and encouraged to walk along paths of health and healing.  


No comments: