Thursday, December 3, 2015

"Forever Family"

I buried the ONLY earthly father I have ever had last month.
.

The ONLY  mother I have ever had is now his widow.
 .

Both are my biological parents.
.


My six biological siblings and I were raised by both of them, together.
.

 Had Dad lived a few more months...
Mom and Dad would have celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this year. 
                                                           
Dad and I have always had a reciprocal loving relationship.

What a wonderful thing it is 
to be confident in love! 


Dad and I 
have always been 
part of 
a      
"Forever Family."

In Dad's "last years" our bio-daughter frequently commented with admiration how my Dad was loved and respected by MANY ...and looked up to as a "father figure" to so many fatherless individuals.

 ***
Certainly there is pain and grief regarding loss of my beloved "Daddio" here on earth!
                                                           
Yet,

the pain related to my father's death

is not nearly as 
deep
and as  
cutting

as the depth

of  
pain
and  
grief

related to our adult RADs' "RAD-typical" rejection of us.


"They
(adoption promoters) 
PROMISED us 
and our "new" kids 
we would be  "Forever Family."            

My definition of "Family" is directly related to my experiences.  
My kids draw their definition of  "Family" from their experiences. 
I believe one of our biggest problems
in our relationship with our adult adoptees is  
we've had different experiences.



I can't imagine going through life without the foundation of my Mom ALWAYS being my Mom... and my Dad ALWAYS being my Dad. 

We prayerfully hope one-day our RADaffected adoptees will be able to have loving reciprocal relationships.

And while we wait... 
my husband, bio-daughter, and I 
remain heartsick!!!!!!!!!!!!

 .
.
.
"Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
      But
when the desire comes, it is a tree of life."
-Proverbs 13:12

No comments: