Monday, August 6, 2012

Baby Mommas

I've heard our estranged daughter's BF of several months is a big guy...

This is one of the first ones she's not fallen in love with his mother, then proclaimed before dating he is the one she will marry.  So that's a change of pace. 

She's going up to where MY family and My in-laws live to meet his family. She wants him to meet our family as well. Officer RAD has invited the gullible ones to meet her man. 

(Can our family be "her" family if she's ONLY related to them through us, and she's disowned us?)

Turns out there's a couple Baby Mommas in this guy's life. 

"But supposedly he's a good dad... he tries to stay in contact with his three kids."

REALLY... I'm happier not knowing. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Honestly, I am better off not knowing either about my two RAD adult children (18 and 19). When they were young and incredibly immature and developmentally delayed for their ages, I kind of panicked to think of them leaving home. I would equate it to having your 8 yo child (in an 18 yo body) wandering the streets alone. It made me sick to my stomach to even imagine it. Now my 19 yo dd has been gone for 16 mos and my 18 yo ds has been gone 4 mos. and I don't worry nearly as much as I thought I would. The chaos and ugliness they took with them when they left has left a very peaceful void in our lives. Whenever I find out they're contacting our extended family members and bad-mouthing us (as only they can) or even just trying to play the "poor, pitiful me, my mom doesn't care about me at all" role, it makes me nuts. I don't like the anger I feel inside and am shocked at the intensity of my emotions towards them and their antics. I guess I've just finally reached my limit as to what I will let myself be subjected to. I hope time balances these feelings out because some days I just want to hurt them as much as they've hurt us and I know better!